title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Trial to Reg. Install Problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RKanarek
    • Aug 2006

Trial to Reg. Install Problem

Greetings,

I downloaded "dBpowerAMP Music Converter" (dBpA MC), liked it (much as I like it when I first tried it long ago), and then I came back and purchased a "dBpowerAMP CD Writer Fully Loaded" (dBpA CD WFL) license. I was under the impression that dBpA CD WFL included a license for dBpa MC, as well as for other stuff for which I have no immediate need or interest.

Installing, and then reinstalling, dBpA CD WFL has not prevented me from receiving threatening messages from dBpA MC that my trial period is coming to an end. What must I do to be able to use dBpA MC???

Thanks in advance!

Cordially,
    Richard Kanarek
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Trial to Reg. Install Problem

The download you received was for the fully loaded version, correct? It should say "Fully Loaded" in the filename. If it didn't, send an e-mail with your U-number, SWREG number, and e-mail to the address on this page: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

Comment

• RKanarek
      • Aug 2006

Sir, Airman Kanarek reports as ordered.

Thanks for the prompt reply!

The file I received most recently received, and which I most recently installed, was:

dBpowerAMPCDWriter-Registered-r2-FL.exe
      2,686 Kb

Presumably, the FL stands for "Fully Loaded." Did I receive the correct file? Any other suggestions?

Cordially,
      Richard Kanarek

P.S. If it matters, I'm running (on the computer in question) Win 2K Pro, SP4, w/Rollup (or whatever it's called).

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

What actions are you doing to get the expiry message, and what is the message?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• RKanarek
          • Aug 2006

Greetings da,

Thanks for the reply!

Regarding your reply,
          "What actions are you doing to get the expiry message, and what is the message?"

Actions:
          --------
          1) Insert "Baroque for Busy Days" audio CDROM into computer CDROM drive.

2) Click "dBpowerAMP Music Converter" desktop icon.

3) On "Select Music File(s) to Convert" menu, click "track01.cda" (Pachelbel: Canon).

4) Yikes! The following message appears:

===============================================
          dBpowerAMP Music Converter
          --------------------------
          (i) The 'Power Pack' & Mp3 Encoding License trial have expired.

/!\ The power Pack adds advanced options to dBpowerAMP and
          --- Mp3 Encoding License allows unlimited mp3 writing.

>> Register Now << Why a mp3 License?

[ Ok ]
          ===============================================

???

Thanks in advance,

Cordially,
          Richard Kanarek

P.S. In case it matters, I'm running (on this computer) Win2K Pro, and I am always logged on as administrator.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Mabye try a total uninstall, as outlined here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6828

However, skip reinstalling the trial version and just install your registered version.

Comment

• RKanarek
              • Aug 2006

Hello again!

Just a quick note to say that I tried a full uninstall & reinstall, and all seems okay now.

Thanks again!

Comment

• ChristinaS
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Apr 2004

You know you have a better program to just rip cd's: dMC Audio CD Input., rather than using dBpowerAMP Music Converter directly.

You start that program (Start > Programs > Illustrate>dpoweramp music converter> dMC Audio CD Input), then insert the cd and proceed to rip the tracks you wish that way.

Comment

• RKanarek
                  • Aug 2006

Greetings,

Thanks for the reply.

I am under the impression that "dMC Audio CD Input" was more or less the software equivalent of plugging a tape recorder into the audio output jack of my computer. Am I mistaken? If I'm not, than I don't think 'dMC A CD I' is actually better for my current use, but it might well be handy for other things. (I'm tempted to suck the audio off of some Chemistry DVD videos I have so I can learn chemistry whilst running, but I fear that weeping while I waddled would draw unwanted attention. ;-)

Thanks anyway!

Cordially,
                  Richard Kanarek

Comment

• ChristinaS
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by RKanarek
                    Greetings,

Thanks for the reply.

I am under the impression that "dMC Audio CD Input" was more or less the software equivalent of plugging a tape recorder into the audio output jack of my computer. Am I mistaken? If I'm not, than I don't think 'dMC A CD I' is actually better for my current use, but it might well be handy for other things. (I'm tempted to suck the audio off of some Chemistry DVD videos I have so I can learn chemistry whilst running, but I fear that weeping while I waddled would draw unwanted attention. ;-)

Thanks anyway!

Cordially,
                    Richard Kanarek

Actually you are thinking of dMC Auxiliary Input - that records from the soundcard whatever is being played through it. That operates in real time, like a tape recorder would.

dMC Audio CD Input rips audio cd's into their respective tracks (all or selectively) and can match (whenever possible) the ripped tracks with track titles/artists/album titles from the Freedb database in order to generate id tags (when appropriate according to resulting audio file type) or at least generate meaningful file names for the ripped tracks.

Both programs use the dMC module for purposes of converting the source audio file to various other file types.

Comment

• RKanarek
                      • Aug 2006

Dear ChristinaS,

Just a short note to say thanks for the correction and the additional information!

Cordially,
                      Richard Kanarek

Comment

Working...

]]>