title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

create cd from dvd

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leegast
    • Aug 2006

create cd from dvd

Will dbpoweramp music converter convert the audio of a music dvd to a cd that I can play on the audio system of my car?
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: create cd from dvd

Assuming this is a standard dvd of a music convert (or of a collection of music videos),
    dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC) may enable you to record the music from your dvd to standard wave format (which you could then burn to standard audio CD format) or to some other digital format of your choice. This process would involve using dMC's Auxilary Input feature to record each track as it plays on your computer (or you could hook up your dvd player's audio output to the input of your computer's soundcard-this is actually easier since playback of a dvd on your PC eats up a lot of system resources).

However, it is my understanding that dMC cannot rip audio directly from such a dvd to any format the way it can rip audio directly from a standard audio CD or from other audio files.

There are tools that purport to directly convert audio from dvd's to wav and other standard audio formats but I have not tried any of these. You could try a web search for dvd ripper (for example) to locate some of these. Perhaps other users who have tried some of these products might be able to recommend a program for this.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Re: create cd from dvd

If he is referring to a DVD-Audio disc, I am not aware of any tools that rip this audio currently, as it has a different form of protection than DVD movie discs. Your only choice may be Auxiliary Input.

Comment

Working...

]]>