title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Conversion Problems

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thatweet1
    • Aug 2006

Conversion Problems

I have gone through all of the steps of creating a wav file but now the converter says it is unable to convert. What is going wrong? This is what I get when I try to convert

Unable to run encoder 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\Compression\Mp4 (CLI)\encode.bat'

Please help ASAP
    Last edited by thatweet1; August 02, 2006, 08:49 PM. Reason: Add More Detail
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: Conversion Problems

What are the audio formats involved? What settings does the source file have and what settings are you specifying for the target file?

If you trying to create a MP4 file which version of the codec are you using?

Wayne

Comment

• thatweet1
      • Aug 2006

Im trying to convert wav files to mp4s the same way i have over 60 times now it tells me that it is unable to run the encoder. i thought that since the tracks are new they might be copy protected but i tried again with an old track and it said the same thing. by the way i have unistalled and reinstalled it like 5 times. i don't know the version but it is the one in the free tools on freeeringers.net. i also discovered i can convert it to a mp3 but my phone requires mp4

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Wav files dont' have copy protection.

Again what specs do you have for the wav file and what did you request for the output mp4 file?

Comment

• thatweet1
          • Aug 2006

can u clarify the specs on wav file? the mp4 file is supposed to be 48 bits, i've tried changing that also

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

A normal, uncompressed wav corresponding to an audio cd track for instance is PCM, 16-bit, 44.1KHz, 2-channel stereo. What format is yours?

A 1 minute wav under such specs occupies about 10MB.

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

Try the total uninstall mentioned here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6828

Comment

• thatweet1
                • Aug 2006

it's pcm 16 bit 2 channel stereo, the frequency is 22050, the size is 2905kb

Comment

• thatweet1
                  • Aug 2006

i tried the complete uninstall including removing all program files and reinstalled it, i still get

Unable to run encoder 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\Compression\Mp4 (CLI)\encode.bat'

what could be the problem?

Comment

• LtData
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • May 2004

Try upgrading to the latest m4a/mp4 codec based on Nero's new encoder. It is in Codec Central. Be sure you follow the directions that are in the help file that shows up after install.

Comment

• thatweet1
                      • Aug 2006

downloaded latest mp4 codec tried nero now this is what i get

The CODEC required to compress 'C:\Converted Music\Baby - Pharrell.m4a' could not be opened.
                      Unable to run encoder 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dbPowerAmp\compression\Nero Digital Audio (AAC)\neroAacEnc.exe'

Comment

• LtData
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • May 2004

As I said, follow the instructions in the help file. It says:
                        This codec relies on the Nero Digital AAC encoder, it can be downloaded only from Nero directly:

Installation Instructions:

1) download the Nero codec Zip package from:

Nero Platinum - Nero is the leading provider of premium software for the multimedia experience. We make burning, streaming, editing more convenient and easier. Start your free trial today!

2) Open the zip file (by double clicking on it) and open the folder win32, select all files (press control + a) and copy them (Edit menu >> Copy). Open a new explorer window, it is important the old zip window is left open (press Windows Key + E) and browse to:

C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\Compression\Nero Digital Audio (AAC)

In the above folder select (Edit menu >> Paste). After extracting the following files should be present in the above folder:

Nero Bitmap Image
                        neroAacDec Application
                        neroAacEnc Application
                        neroAacEnc_sse2 Application
                        options Text Document
                        Use SSE2 Encoder MS-DOS Batch File

Finally if your computer has a Pentium 4 or AMD 64 bit or later processor double click the file Use SSE2 Encoder in the above folder to make use of faster encoding.

Comment

• thatweet1
                          • Aug 2006

that's exactly what i did and that was the response i got when i tried to use it

Comment

• thatweet1
                            • Aug 2006

new problem i followed all of nero instructions carefully, file converted to m4a, i need mp4. m4a files are too large on my phone

Comment

• LtData
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • May 2004

Mp4 and m4a are the same file types. They are just different names for the same thing. If you still want to change the exension, see here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5361

Comment

Working...

]]>