title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Importing playlists: avoiding track duplication?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bupkes
    • Jul 2006

Importing playlists: avoiding track duplication?

I'm trying to transfer playlists created with MusicIP in .m3u format from my PC (using my PC music library paths) to my iPod (3G). Sveta displays all the correct info for the iPod. My iPod already contains all of the tracks for my test playlist.

Sveta is creating a duplicate track for each song listed in the playlist. Is there a trick to have it recognize the existing music on the iPod and change the playlist pointer accordingly?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Importing playlists: avoiding track duplication?

Only if you use dbPowerAMP Audio Player to synchronize with your player.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bupkes
      • Jul 2006

Thanks for the quick reply .. unfortunately I'm a bit thick at the moment.

I now have my music files in MMC of the db player. How do I view playlists? I have one playlist that I can find via file type in the MMC .. how do I just transfer that single playlist? I can't find a way to select a single playlist file and exclude the rest of the collection to sync to my iPod.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

I wasn't aware you wanted a sort of manual control sending files, using MMC will synchronize your entire collection (you can build up selective rules) to select the files automatically.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bupkes
          • Jul 2006

My goal is to take playlists from my PC and transfer them to my iPod. The playlists have been created outside of the dB universe. The iPod will likely already have the music files.

so i guess my questions are:
          does MMC have an index view of playlists ( a la iTunes or other players)?
          how do I transfer the .m3u playlist file

TIA

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

No it handles playlists externally and they cannot be sync'ed through mmc.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>