title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

m4a to mp3, dbpoweramp stops after 1 sec

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • punkiku
    • Jul 2006

m4a to mp3, dbpoweramp stops after 1 sec

Hi,

Hope someone can help me. Converted m4p files to m4a with iOpener. Now trying to further convert the m4a files to mp3 but dbpoweramp immediately stops and quits after start, thus saving 0 MB of the converted file. No error messages, it just quits. The m4a files play normally, have got m4a codec installed, have tried removing and reinstalling both dbpoweramp and codec, have tried saving in the same folder as input files and in a different folder, always the same. Any idea what this might be about? Thanks.
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: m4a to mp3, dbpoweramp stops after 1 sec

Do you have iTunes installed?
    If so, what version?
    I forget the version at which iOpener and Hymn stopped working with iTunes .m4p files. These were succeeded by jHymn which cannot handle .m4p files from iTunes Version 6 or after.

I do know that at certain points iTunes created DRM code that not only defeated current versions of Hymn, iOpener, and jHymn but also re-applied DRM (digital rights management) measures to files previously "un-locked" by those programs. Off-hand, my suspiscion is that this may have happened in your case.

If this is so, you may be able to burn your .m4a files to cd and rip them from cd or you may record them as you play them off your soundcard using dMC Auxilary Input. In some cases, reverting to earlier versions of iTunes has worked for older .m4p files but not (I believe) for newwer ones.

For more information see: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6258

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• punkiku
      • Jul 2006

Re: m4a to mp3, dbpoweramp stops after 1 sec

Thanks for the help Bill, much appreciated. My version of ITunes is the 6.x one, unfortunately. Will try burning to cd etc...

Comment

Working...

]]>