title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

OptimFROG.. Cannot get to work

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • olstykke
    • Jun 2006

OptimFROG.. Cannot get to work

Hi all,

I've been playing around with the lossless codecs to see which ones I like most. After a bad experience with .WMA. I discovered .ape and from there DBpoweramp.

I have downloaded the OptimFROG codec and it appears in the "covert to" options, but selecting it I get an error "Unable to run encoder 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\Compression\OptimFROG\ ofr.exe"

Any Ideas?

I'm just trying them out to see which I like best. I like .ape size and compression, but hate playback. Flac typically was 2-3 MB larger than the windows media. Wavepak has good playback, compression.. but is on par with .WMA in size. Have not gotten to try OptimFROG. And would like too.

HELP!!!!!
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: OptimFROG.. Cannot get to work

Is there a "Locate Encoder" button on the window where you select the compressing/encoding options? Also, did you install the codec to C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP?

Comment

• olstykke
      • Jun 2006

The file appears to be there "C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\Compression\OptimFROG\ ofr.exe"

I've tried uninstalling and then manually deleting and reinstalling, but no go.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

That space seems to be throwing me for a loop... is there a space in the filename?

Comment

• xoas
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2002

I have to confirm that Optimfrog gives the same results for me with the exception that my file path does not exhibit the afore-mentionned space. This has persisted even after uninstalling and reinstalling (although I have yet to try zapping the rgistry entry for the codec, which perhaps I'll try next-if I get any positive results I'll post).

Perhaps this codec has a problem of some sort. Is it fair to assume that this codec works for some dMC users?

Best wishes,
          Bill

Comment

• xoas
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2002

Interesting.

Here's what worked for me:
            Go to convert to OptimFROG;
            Click on Locate Encoder;
            Click on the Browse button and browse to the .exe file in the OptimFROG folder (this seems to be needed even the the file path is correctly described in the Browse window);
            Click on OK and OK and procedd with your conversion.

If these instructions are too confusing or if you feel they don't work; please post back and confirm step by step what you are doing to locate the encoder.

Best wishes,
            Bill

Comment

• Razgo
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

thanks xoas, i just came across this problem myself. your instructions need to go into the FAQ i think.
              Last edited by Spoons; September 07, 2006, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>