title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Auxilliary Input Problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kathryn
    • Jun 2006

Auxilliary Input Problem

Hi Everyone,
    I just got Poweramp downloaded specifically to record LP's and Tapes to digital files. The problem is that having set it all up, recording seems to take place fine for about 15-20 seconds, then everything goes quiet, and the Conversion program takes 99% of my processor time and the whole deal stalls. The only way to stop it is to go into the Job Scheduler and halt the process.
    If I can't get this to work I have just "blown my dough" on some software that won't do what I need it to.
    I run a 2gig Processor, half a gig of RAM and have untold HDD space, and run XP Home on a Gigabyte motherboard with built in sound I believe... so the sytem should be up to it.....
    Any Ideas please guys???

Cheers,
    Kathryn
    Last edited by Kathryn; June 29, 2006, 02:18 AM.
  • Deano
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2006

Re: Auxilliary Input Problem

What format are you attempting to record in? Some formats are likely to take more of a processor hit than others.

The recommendation for using Auxiliary Input is to first record to .wav files, as this will take less CPU. These can then be easily transcoded (via dMC of course) to your desired formats.

Also, the software is available on a free 30 day license basis, before you have to pay for anything. So you probably should have tested this before blowing your dough.

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

See below in my signature for Aux Input tips.

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Make sure you are no applying any DSP effects to the recording at the time of recording it.

Don't use AUto Start and AUto Stop until you are well comfortable using dMC Auxliary Input manually.

Make sure you use Below Normal priority of conversion as seen in the liettl dMC windows as it's converting. This will help free up some CPU and actually make it all go faster.

As Deano said, make sure you're recording to a readily compatible format like uncompressed 16-bit PCM wav, 44.1KHz, 2-channel stereo. Do not attempt higher frequencies, or more channels. Do not record to compressed fromats in case your choice of comrpession wasn't ideal. Chances are you'll want to clean up the recording anyway, especialy if starting with vinyl or tape, and that's much better done to an uncompressed wav.

Comment

Working...

]]>