title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

m4a to mp3 failure

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deranged_one_13
    • Jun 2006

m4a to mp3 failure

I'm having trouble converting a specific file from itunes to mp3. I downloaded "Chasing Cars (live in Toronto)" by Snow Patrol from itunes. I then used iOpener to convert the .m4p to a .m4a file. After doing this, the two files were the same size (4.19 mB). I then attempted to convert the .m4a file into an mp3 using dMC and it failed multiple times. The converter window only popped up for about 2 seconds and then created a 4 kB mp3 file with a length of 0:00. I tried to convert it multiple times and it always did the same thing. I then tried converting another .m4a file that I have and it worked fine. Any suggestions? I'm running Windows XP Pro and I made sure I have the right codec. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: m4a to mp3 failure

iOpener no longer unprotects iTunes files purchased with iTunes 6.x.
    If you are using iTunes 5.x or below, you can use JHymn or iOpener to unprotect your songs. See the "DRM and Copy Protection" section of this forum for more details.
    If you are using iTunes 6.x, the only way for you to unprotect your songs is to use Auxiliary Input. See the instructions linked to below in my signature.

Comment

• deranged_one_13
      • Jun 2006

Re: m4a to mp3 failure

Thanks for the help. I had tried the auxiliary input application before but couldn't get it to work. After some more fiddling with it, I was finally able to get it to work (I had to go into Properties and checked all the boxes before I found out that my input was "StereoMix"). Currently enjoying my brand spankin' new mp3. Thanks!

Comment

Working...

]]>