title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Registration Screen Blank

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • willisng
    • Jun 2006

Registration Screen Blank

I'm rebulding my pc after a problem and i have to re-download a copy of the music converter. I bought and registered the power pack & mp3 encoder license in Oct 2005.

When i click on the 'registered download retrieval' then the 'initiate Registered Link retrieval' , i just get a blank screen and the message at the bottom says 'done' . I try to refresh and revisit the page but i still get the same result.

My security settings are default, i have cookies enabled and popup blocking turn off and i still get a blank screen with no error messages from the webite or my NIS2005.

Any ideas please.
  • willisng
    • Jun 2006

Re: Registration Screen Blank

oops, i've just noticed that by turning off my NIS2005, all is well. So now i've got to figure out which bit is the problem.

Comment

• willisng
      • Jun 2006

right now. i turnd off my NIS ( not that i wanted to do whilst on-line and re-building it) and started the downlaod. It was stopped when i turned it back on early so i turned it off for the duration and got a complete download. So it would seem to be my NIS. The bit i had on initially were Security, outbreak alert, personal firewall, intrustion detection, norton anti virus and anti spam.
      If nobody has got any ideas i'll try turning one bit at a time and see what happens.... more later

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Most likely, it is the personall firewall or the intrusion detection.

Comment

• willisng
          • Jun 2006

I've had problems with my internet access over the weekend. Probably because everyone is watching the football on the web. I'll try accessing the download by turning each off on its own and see what happens. Thanx.

Comment

• willisng
            • Jun 2006

Well i've just been trying to get to the logon registration page and i find that in my Norton Internet Security 2005 have to turn off my "Security" which disables personal firewall,intrusion detection, privacy control and parental control. turning off everything but security has no effect. What the difference is, i'm not yet sure. There is however, nothing for me to play with in "security" it can either be on or off. So that appears to be the difference.
            For the moment i will have to go away and think about this. But as your article says , the download takes 1 - 3 mins. So i'll just have to Do a full system scan after downloading.

Unless anyone has any definite info, i do not think there's anything more to be done here.
            Last edited by willisng; June 20, 2006, 07:09 PM. Reason: A goodbye message from this thread.

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

Do you have a router installed between your computer and your internet connection? If so, you will be safe from inbound attacks while you do the download.
              If you do not, I highly recommend you purchase one.

The problem may be in the privacy control stuff or parental control stuff. Is there an exceptions list that you can put websites on that you know are safe?

Comment

• willisng
                • Jun 2006

I'm afraid i'm just a dial-up dinosaur with no posh stuff like that.
                I'll look into exceptions list and report back soon. Also, i'll see if Symantec can offer any advice.

Comment

• willisng
                  • Jun 2006

My apologies for not posting sooner. i've spent the past few weeks rebuilding my system after disk problems. This weekend i'm going to ask those Symantec people if they can offer any suggestion. Since i cant figure which bit of the software to turn off. I'll post as soon as i get a reply.

Comment

• Razgo
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

you shoulds only have to disable norton security and disable anti virus. thats even if you have to. the problem may be your browser security blocking.

Comment

• LtData
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • May 2004

You should be able to right-click on the NIS icon in the system tray and click "disable" and then set the amount of time, or something like that. I forget exactly how to do it, as I don't use it and discourage the use of the Norton Firewall to everyone I can.

Comment

• willisng
                        • Jun 2006

Sorry for my absence but i'm in correspondence with Symantec about this still.

The issue has not changed...
                        If i disable any or all of the features of NIS 2005 then there is still an issue.
                        If i disable just the Security feature then the issue disappears.
                        So the problem is obviously with the security feature.

As far as i can see the security feature is a job lot. It can either be enabled or disabled.

Disabling this feature does get round the problem but is obviously a last resort. Although i seem to remember the download does not take to long even over dial-up.

I'm still working with Symantec on a better solution. I was hoping of some way to exclude your website or page from their robust defenses. I'll post as soon as i get a constructive reply.

Thanks to all for your support to date. :(

Comment

• willisng
                          • Jun 2006

Well i must admit defeat about talking to symantec about my problem. Although i'm not really sure if its them or a group of sub-contractors. My conversations seem to go round in circles. So for the moment i'm going to throw in the towel.

This is the only time i have this problem and i do not have to download updates too often. So to save my sanity i'm calling it a day.

Comment

• LtData
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • May 2004

Remember that once you install a registered version, you should be able to install any new version over top of it (without uninstalling) and kep your registered status.

Comment

Working...

]]>