title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Volume Normalise Question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drspy00
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2004

Volume Normalise Question

I am planning to convert a large number of lossless audio files to mp3 or wma and want to normalise the volume for use on a portable device. I'm wondering what settings to use on a large variety of music, I have tried it with no normalisation and some of the files are very loud and others are very quiet so im hoping someone could help me with what settings to use to normalise a large number or songs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Deano
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2006

Re: Volume Normalise Question

If you are converting to mp3, I would strongly suggest *against* Volume normalising the files using dBPowerAMP for your player. I would instead suggest using mp3Gain, which losslessly (read: edits can be undone if necessary) applies the necessary gain changes to your files.

Not that I am usually one for "advertising other products".

Comment

• drspy00
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Apr 2004

Re: Volume Normalise Question

Thanks for your help, I will definately look into that, it seems like a good idea, and I could also normalise my existing mp3s I dont have on cd without reencoding an mp3 to mp3 again just to normalise.

Comment

Working...

]]>