title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

FLAC to wave

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Colonel Chaos
    • May 2006

FLAC to wave

Hi. I tried searching for this already, but didn't find anything. Apologies if i missed it.

I just downloaded dbpowerAMP Music Converter and all i want to do is convert FLAC files to wave. I downloaded and installed the FLAC codec and it's being recognised under the options menus etc. The only thing is, when i try and convert anything, it says "The codec required to de/compress [file path/name] could not be opened." I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the codec and the program, but it makes no difference.

Any help?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: FLAC to wave

What is the filename and path that is shown please?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Colonel Chaos
      • May 2006

Well it happens with every file i try, so there are lots of different filenames and paths. But if it helps i'll give you an example:

The CODEC required to decompress 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Matt's\music\Frank Zappa\Resolver + Brutality - 1986 tape 57.34\01 - Resolver ED.flac' could not be opened.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

It looks like the path is too long. If you move the file to your root C:\ directory, does it convert then?

Comment

• Colonel Chaos
          • May 2006

Nope :cry:

Comment

• Wayne
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Aug 2002

Just a few questions that may help to solve your problem.

Where did you get this flac file from? Did you create it yourself and if you did what software did you use? What if anything do you use to play this file?

If you right-click on the file and select properties what does it show?

Wayne

Comment

• Oceansway
              • May 2006

Mabe he could use GSpot, so that he knows what for a kind of codec this is
              Sorry I think this G SPot is only for videos :blush:
              Last edited by Oceansway; June 01, 2006, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• drjenkins
                • Feb 2006

You could go to FLAC - Free Lossless Audio Codec and download FLAC, then use the "Test" option on the files to see if they are valid and uncorrupted.

If FLAC cannot decode the files to wav then the FLAC plugin for dbpowerAMP isn't going to fare any better.

-drj

Comment

• magic_curt

Originally posted by drjenkins
                  You could go to FLAC - Free Lossless Audio Codec and download FLAC, then use the "Test" option on the files to see if they are valid and uncorrupted.

If FLAC cannot decode the files to wav then the FLAC plugin for dbpowerAMP isn't going to fare any better.

-drj
                  good idea dr jenkins
                  Sometimes a newbug can beat the old regulars, eh?

Comment

• Colonel Chaos
                    • May 2006

Originally posted by drjenkins

-drj
                    Thanks. I ran the test and this is what i get back on most things:
                    ERROR while decoding meta data
                    state - FLAC_STREAM_DECODER_END_OF_STREAM

The same files have worked for other people though, so it can't be corrupt FLAC files, unless they were corrupt as they were transferred to my computer or something, if that's possible *shrug*

But some did come back ok so i guess that's the problem. Thanks for your help guys!

Comment

• LtData
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • May 2004

It sounds like your download of the files that gave the error was corrupt. Try downloading them again.

Comment

Working...

]]>