title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Error While Converting APE to MP3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Do Brasil
    • May 2006

Error While Converting APE to MP3

Hello everyone

I just download 424 mb APE file and want to convert to MP3 but.. ERROR!!

>>>>>>>The file 'C:\New Folder\Jose Padilla - Navigator (EAC-APE)\CDImage.ape' could not be opened.<<<<<<<

I can't open this file with "Easy Audio Converter" too. :(

is it something wrong with APE file or what??

Please help if u know anything about it
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: Error While Converting APE to MP3

It looks like the ape file is corrupt in some way. Can you play it using dAP?

You may have to download it again.

Wayne

Comment

• Do Brasil
      • May 2006

hello
      thanks for reply

i download it from eMule [P2P program] and i can't check it with DAP
      maybe you are right and it's corrupt, but i have allready downloaded 4 APE files that i can't open and maybe ....
      a don't know :(
      maybe you?

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

Do you have a program that can play these APE files?
        The standard assumption would be that if they can be played alright then they are not likely to be corrupt. I know that downloaded FLAC files can become corrupted during the download process owing to their size and I suppose this could be true of APE files as well.

You can also try doing a test conversion of these APE files. This is just like trying to convert them to .mp3 except that where you select .mp3 as your output format, first select "Test Conversion (No Write)". This will not create an output file but it will tell you whether dB Music Converter can read these files. If not (and assuming you have downloaded and installed the Monkeys codec from Codec Central), then the files are likely to be corrupt.

If the test conversion does work, then please tell us what settings you are using for your .mp3 files (bitrate, channels, frequency). It could be that there might be a problem with these settings. You might also try seeing if you can convert first to wave and then to mp3. You might also try turning off the option to preserve tag information.

Do not bother with the the tips in my last paragraph if the test conversion fails.

Please let us know how this turns out.

Best wishes,
        Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>