title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Trouble with file extension rename utility

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northsatguy
    • May 2006

Trouble with file extension rename utility

When ever I try to use the conversion utility "file extension rename" to name my ".mp3" files to ".MP3" all dBpowerAMP does is rename it to ".m4a".

What am I doing wrong?

I thought that this particular conversion utility codec was a "file extension rename" that you could get it to rename the file whatever you wanted (regardless of what the actual file encoding was).

Am I incorrect in this assumption?

The reason I am trying to do this is my cars mp3 player will only recognize ".MP3" ... the emphasis being on the Capital Letters M and P.

Thanks,

NorthSatGuy
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Trouble with file extension rename utility

Originally posted by northsatguy
    When ever I try to use the conversion utility "file extension rename" to name my ".mp3" files to ".MP3" all dBpowerAMP does is rename it to ".m4a".

What am I doing wrong?

I thought that this particular conversion utility codec was a "file extension rename" that you could get it to rename the file whatever you wanted (regardless of what the actual file encoding was).

Am I incorrect in this assumption?

The reason I am trying to do this is my cars mp3 player will only recognize ".MP3" ... the emphasis being on the Capital Letters M and P.

Thanks,

NorthSatGuy
    Hmmm... I think you stumbled over something.

The .m4a is the default value appearing there. Even if you change it it in fact remains that . I wonder if it's driven by some setting from elsewhere.

This may be a bug.

Comment

Working...

]]>