title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converting CDS format to mp3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brian_lewis67
    • May 2006

Converting CDS format to mp3

HI,

I've been using dbpoweramp for quite a while and never had a problem..until now!

I bought the new album by Yellowcard which uses a built in music player on the CD so poweramp doesn't recognise any music tracks.

I've looked at the cd and it looks like the music is held in a CDS format. I can't find a codec for it.

Can anyone help me convert this album to mp3?

Thanks,

Brian
  • Deano
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2006

Re: Converting CDS format to mp3

Sounds like a nice Copy Protected CD to me. There are threads about this, but as a quick reply here are some things you can do:

a) Hold Left-Shift while inserting your CD to stop the software player booting and trying to load itself (this may not work as it sounds like the software is already on your machine).

b) In CD Input try turning on "Table of Contents Detection" to see if this helps dBPowerAMP find the actual tracks on your CD (not just these random .cds files).

c) As a last resort, I have had to "copy" a CD using CloneCD. This can copy just the audio content and create you a normal Audio CD... which I have then ripped. I have had to do this with my Chronicles of Narnia soundtrack for example

Comment

• brian_lewis67
      • May 2006

Re: Converting CDS format to mp3

Option B did the trick. :smile2:

Thanks for your help Deano...much appreciated :komisch12

Comment

Working...

]]>