title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

To listen music in the car (Flac format)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Giorgio
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • May 2006

To listen music in the car (Flac format)

Dear all,

do you have any idea if is possible to listen in the car the music that I have converted in Flac format ?

I mean if is possible to transfer the music (with bluetooth for example) from some players - like Cowon - through the car radio.

Or if there are any car radios that can reproduce Flac files ?
    Thank you :smile2:
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: To listen music in the car (Flac format)

I don't know of any car radios that can play FLAC files.
    To listen to music that you have on a portable player in your car requires one of two things: a line-in or auxiliary input "headphone" jack on your stereo or a FM modulator. The FM modulator broadcasts a FM signal to your car stereo. The line-in jack simply plugs directly into your player. I don't know of any method that uses Bluetooth to transfer music to a car stereo but for all I know it works on new players. I just don't know.

Comment

• Bill41
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Giorgio
      Dear all,

do you have any idea if is possible to listen in the car the music that I have converted in Flac format ?

I mean if is possible to transfer the music (with bluetooth for example) from some players - like Cowon - through the car radio.

Thank you :smile2:
      Check out this site.
      A free, open source codec for lossless audio compression and decompression

Comment

• Giorgio
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • May 2006

LtData
        I don't know of any car radios that can play FLAC files.
        To listen to music that you have on a portable player in your car requires one of two things: a line-in or auxiliary input "headphone" jack on your stereo or a
        The FM modulator broadcasts a FM signal to your car stereo. The line-in jack simply plugs directly into your player. I don't know of any method that uses Bluetooth to transfer music to a car stereo but for all I know it works on new players. I just don't know.

Bill41 Quote:
        Originally Posted by Giorgio
        Dear all,

Thank you

thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Check out this site.
        A free, open source codec for lossless audio compression and decompression

Today 02:02 PM

Today 12:26 PM
        Giorgio Dear all,

Thank you

Comment

• magic_curt

How much compression does FLAC give. If its not very much is it worth doing?

I ask because I find MP3s destroy the quiet low frequency sounds of classical music. If FLAC did the same then it is a no no.

Comment

• Deano
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Jan 2006

a) FLAC is lossless. Ie: when decoded (ie, played) it is the exact same as the waveform you ripped in the first place (from a CD for example). So you won't lose any frequencies at all.

b) FLAC gets a 50-60% compression ratio over a simple .wav file. While this does not sound as great as .mp3 compression, it is still entirely lossless.

c) I use FLAC. It's great.

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

If you want something better than mp3 but smaller than FLAC, you can try wma, mp4, aac, or ogg vorbis. If you just want a format to store the files on your computer and not play these files on another piece of hardware (car mp3 player, etc.), then you can try Musepack. Musepack is still lossy but far superior to mp3 especially at high bitrates.

Comment

Working...

]]>