title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

MP3pro codec

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

MP3pro codec

I downloaded and installed both encoder and decoder for MP3pro.
    I did not follow the instructions in detail given after installing the decoder. I did follow the instructions for the encoder and installed the Thompson player. My default player for everything is Windows Media Player in XP. Everything seems to work fine. I am able to take a cd audio track ripped to a wma file by media player and encode it to MP3pro and play the new mp3pro file back just fine using Media Player. And I can also convert Mp3pro to wma. My question is: Do I still need to download and install the winamp plugin which means I have to install the winamp player because the plugin wants to find the player and if it doesn't one cannot install the plugin. Then I'll have to uninstall the winamp player.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

If you want to hear the benefit of mp3PRO then yes.

You don't need winamp installed, it will install the codec to a default folder without Winamp.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

winamp

Sorry but when I go to install the Winamp plugin the software is looking for Winamp or the next button stays "grayed out" and I con't continue. You must have something installed that is fooling the software or the file where you downloaded the decoder for winamp is different than the file I am getting from the website. (there has been a version change) If the latter is correct then give me the url where you found the file.

Otherwise I'll have to install at least the Winamp.exe file to get past the check.

Thanks

Comment

• Unregistered

cannot install plugin but did

Nevermind that's what I had to do was install Winamp. So I have the dynamic link library file now. But if there is an update to this file I'll have to do this all over again.

I think you better go back over your instructions cause somebody put a winamp checker subroutine in the file to download.

Comment

Working...

]]>