title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Haven't Seen This On The Boards Yet. . .WMA Issue. . .

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bryanbelt
    • May 2006

Haven't Seen This On The Boards Yet. . .WMA Issue. . .

Okay...Now that I've said "I haven't seen this" somebody will point out where it has already been talked about! :p

Converting to WMA. . .using Windows XP Pro SP2, 1.25 Gig Athalon, 750 meg of ram, latest official release of DB Poweramp. . .starts a conversion, gets about a third to half done with the conversion and then just quits. . .the entire program just disappears off of the screen. What gives? I've tried uninstalling the WMP 10 codecs and going backwards, but to no avail.

Any reports of conflicts with something else sitting on my hard drive? I'm open. . .and frustrated.

I have tried this with and without DSPs active.

Help!

Happy Mothers' Day, by the way!
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Haven't Seen This On The Boards Yet. . .WMA Issue. . .

Converting from what? Try converting to a 16-bit, 2 channel, 44100Hz WAV and then to WMA. I know this will make you lose the tags, but it is a test to see if the WMA encoder cannot handle the file you are giving it.

Comment

• bryanbelt
      • May 2006

Re: Haven't Seen This On The Boards Yet. . .WMA Issue. . .

Ooooookay. I tried what you said, Lt. Data. It converted a single file with no problem going from WAV to WMA. I was going to then try doing multiple WAVs to WMAs. . .So, I began the process of converting 6 MP3s to WAV. . .guess what? Right as it began to convert the 3rd MP3 to WAV, it happened again. Just disappeared off of the screen. I checked my target folder and the two that it made it through were converted just fine. Could it be a batch issue?

Comment

Working...

]]>