title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Making most out of my cd drive while using dbpower AMP

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 2leftfeet
    • May 2006

Making most out of my cd drive while using dbpower AMP

Before embarking on backing up my whole cd collection I want to make sure i understand and make the most out of all the settings within dbpower AMP.

I am very impressed by the concept of accurate rip but on testing it out found that I get different results back on ripping the same cd. This is a bit disconcerting. It may be my cd drive. How can i get the best out of it with the settings available?

I was wondering if the following may give more accurate ripping results:
    1. CD Drive > dMC Advanced Ripping Configuration: No idea what using different "command set" or changing the "CD communication" will do. Any advice?

2. Drive Options: Reducing the ripping speed. How far?
    3. Slow ripping: How does this differ from ripping speed?

4. I am ripping to Monkey's audio. Should changing the compression setting make a difference?

Any other suggestions on the any or all of the above or how to make the most of the cd drive i have whilst using dbpower AMP, would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by 2leftfeet; May 10, 2006, 04:30 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Making most out of my cd drive while using dbpower AMP

As far as the results from your cd, it is pretty much down to the cd (is it scratched) and the cd drive.

2. Most morder cd drives rip more accurately at the higher speeds, they are designed for that.
    3. Do not check this one, there is no need.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>