title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Error whilst converting

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eznoh
    • Dec 2004

Error whilst converting

I can't seem to convert an MP3 to other formats, I get an error: "Error whilst converting, file could not be opened. I seem to be able to play the file with windows media player. I looked at the permissions, everything is allowed. I can convert any other MP3s.

Mike
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Error whilst converting

What are the specs of your files? By specs, I mean frequency (44100Hz normally), bitrate (64kbps, 128kbps, etc.), and channels (1 or 2 normally, possibly called mono or stereo).

Comment

• eznoh
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by LtData
      What are the specs of your files? By specs, I mean frequency (44100Hz normally), bitrate (64kbps, 128kbps, etc.), and channels (1 or 2 normally, possibly called mono or stereo).
      Hmmm. None of that stuff shows up when I point to the file. Properties gives 320Kbps.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

If you right-click on the file, go to Properties, Summary, then click Advanced and scroll all the way down, you should find the other specs there.

Comment

• eznoh
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by LtData
          If you right-click on the file, go to Properties, Summary, then click Advanced and scroll all the way down, you should find the other specs there.
          Nothing there. I forgot to mention I'm using Win 2000 Pro. Also, it says the length is 0.00, but the files plays 3:54.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Make sure you are using the latest release R11.5 of dbpoweramp, the mp3 decoder is always improved with each release (R12 is even better but not usable much).
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>