title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

MP4 Encoding Codec

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yourhumblepuppy
    • May 2006

Re: MP4 Encoding Codec

Originally posted by Deano
    It seems pointless to use the Nero encoder for Constant Bit Rates when it is optimised and at its best (like most encoders) at Variable Bit Rates. Nero recommend preset -q 0.5 for an average bitrate around 170kbps.
    To each his own. The VBR files wouldn't play in my iPod when I got it a year and a half ago, and I wasn't alone. I realize that's a moot point now, as that problem has been fixed by Ahead, but whatever.

And yes, the developers themselves have said (on another board) that at the bitrate I actually prefer (224kbps, cbr), we're talking undetectable sonic improvements, but that's precisely why I choose such bitrates. I personally don't want to spend a bunch of time A-Bing anything at the minimally acceptable bitrates to save a little bit of disk space, earning a lot of sonic distraction for my trouble. YMMV.

Comment

• gameplaya15143
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Sep 2005

use the genric cli dll from one of the vorbis aotuv beta codecs, or from the mpc cli plugin (one of the ones that support piping)

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

and replace the options.txt file for it :smile2: enjoy, no need for temp files.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Better idea: the new dMC beta mp4 pack: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...ewpost&t=10510

You do have to download the nero encoder and move it, as stated in the help file included with the pack.

Comment

Working...

]]>