title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

OGG -> MP3 freezing up

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GregP
    • May 2006

Re: OGG -> MP3 freezing up

They use the LAME codec for Tracktion 2, which I beta test. Several of the beta testers, including myself, have had to try different versions in order to achieve stable results, so it's not just my dMC experience that's colouring my perception.

Heck, one recent version even messed up mono import/export, which is a pretty basic feature.

I wish my confidence in LAME matched yours. :D

However, I'm willing to admit that the frequency of crashes for me is out of the ordinary. Really, I just need to re-install my system. That's my simple and honest guess. I think the hardware is holding up fine, it's probably things like registry entries, file associations, codecs that have been 'updated'/overwritten and have therefore created .dll messes... stuff that a good bit of soap and water (ie. re-imaging my system) would probably sort out.

Often, as I've been converting, I'll get "codec compression" errors like the one above, and yet looking into the destination directory and testing a few of the files, everything seems to have worked out fine. It shakes my confidence (not necessarily in dMC, just in my library in general) but until I actually go to play those tracks back, I won't know if there was truly a compression error or what.

Greg

Comment

Working...

]]>