title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

problem with umlauts in filenames

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gotsila
    • May 2006

problem with umlauts in filenames

When converting any format (APE, Flac, Mpc) and filename that contains non-standard charachters, convertion even doesn't start and an error message appears.

Also when pointing mouse on file, in pop-up info box, there are no "artist", "track" and other standard tags in file, and the file length, size and original size fileld shows zero "0".

When I change umlaut charachter in filename e.g. "é" on "e", everything is OK, umlauts are shown in tags properly, as they are. So that's problem with filenames, not tags. No other software has such problem on my PC (foobar, winamp, cooledit etc.)

BTW, I have russian language for non-unicode programs (WinXP) and I really need it. But I need umlaut support too. What shall I do???
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: problem with umlauts in filenames

Release 12 is needed to fix this, it is being written as we speak (keep an eye on the beta forum for updates).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2004

I don't have this problem. I have a few files (wav, mp3, wma) with names that contain various accents, diacriticals from several alphabets, including letter with umlauts and conversions go just fine. Is the umlaut any different from a trema?

Might it be the codepage on your pc that's the problem? Maybe the combo Russian adn Western European doesn't quite work? I only have Western European.

Or does that only happen for some file types? I don't have any of the types you mentioned.
      Last edited by ChristinaS; May 06, 2006, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• gotsila
        • May 2006

Originally posted by ChristinaS
        I don't have this problem. I have a few files (wav, mp3, wma) with names that contain various accents, diacriticals from several alphabets, including letter with umlauts and conversions go just fine. Is the umlaut any different from a trema?

Might it be the codepage on your pc that's the problem? Maybe the combo Russian adn Western European doesn't quite work? I only have Western European.

Or does that only happen for some file types? I don't have any of the types you mentioned.
        It happens with any file type - wav, mp3, aac, wma, ogg etc.

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by gotsila
          It happens with any file type - wav, mp3, aac, wma, ogg etc.
          Well, since it's not happening for me and the only difference is that you have set up your pc to work with the slavic character set and I have it on latin character set - then that is probably the problem.

Comment

Working...

]]>