title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Auxilliary: "Test Recording Level" Hangs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ajplonka
    • May 2006

Auxilliary: "Test Recording Level" Hangs

:headbang:

I'm stumped. It used to work fine. Now when I hit "Test Recording Level" the program just hangs in some tight loop and I have to end the task if I manage to get the task manager up. The meter never comes up. When I go to record, it goes straight to converting and waits at 0%.

The only thing I recall installing recently were the audible codec and DVDFab with the latest Patin-Couffin layer. I don't see how they would interfere... but maybe someone has an idea?

I've tried uninstalling, removing the folder, and reinstalling to no avail. Are there any critical dependencies-- services or DLLs that I may have inadvertently disabled or replaced?
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Auxilliary: "Test Recording Level" Hangs

When you talk about uninstalling, removing the folder and reinstalling-is the folder you are talking about the Illustrate folder (My Computer/drive/Programs/Illustrate) or the registry folder. Assuming you did the first, try the instructions for uninstalling and clearing the registry entries for dBpowerAMP Music Converter before reinstalling as outlined in Razgo's FAQ on Uninstalling Issues and Fix in the dMC FAQ Forum section here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6828

If that is what you tried and it did not work, or if you try this and it doesn't work, please let us know. Also tell us about what version of WIndows you arte using and your system specifications (processor, speed, ram). Also, have you tried using Windows Task Manager to monitor your attempt to open and use Auxilary Input? If so, what were the results?

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Perhaps you set the recording bit depth too high?
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• neilthecellist
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2004

I'm assuming CPU usage is at 100%?

Comment

• ajplonka
          • May 2006

Originally posted by neilthecellist
          I'm assuming CPU usage is at 100%?
          No, steady at 50%

Comment

• ajplonka
            • May 2006

Purging the registry seems to have done it. I took out every reference to dbPowerAmp to be sure. Weird though: when purging the file folder this last time for some reason I couldn't delete dbShell.dll. I tried to unregister it (successfully), take full ownership (already had) and there wasn't even any process holding a handle on it. But renaming it and rebooting did the trick.

Anyway, thanks.

Alex

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

>some reason I couldn't delete dbShell.dll

it is used all the time by explorer, you could reboot (do not open any explorer windows), open a command prompt and delete it from there, or you could try the normal way and uninstall dbpoweramp (it will offer to reboot the system so that file can be removed )
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>