title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

WavPack conversion failure

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lewis
    • May 2006

WavPack conversion failure

Release 4 (using WavPack 4.3.1) has been downloaded and installed. However, it seems that *.wvc are not recognized by dBpower Converter: the "Convert" menu item is not shown on the context menu when such a file is selected, and only [.wv] is displayed in the DMC Configuration window. Also I get a "The file ... could not be opened." error message when trying to convert *.wv files.

Any thoughts on this matter?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: WavPack conversion failure

I believe dMC checks for .wvc files and uses them if it finds them. If it doesn't find them, it just uses the .wv file.

Can you play your .wv file? If you move the .wvc file does it convert properly?

Comment

• Lewis
      • May 2006

Originally posted by LtData
      I believe dMC checks for .wvc files and uses them if it finds them. If it doesn't find them, it just uses the .wv file.

Can you play your .wv file? If you move the .wvc file does it convert properly?
      If I place *.wv files alone, ie, without their companion *.wvc files, they play all right in WinAmp Pro v5.21. They also play all right with their companion files, since I have set the "Use Correction Files (.wvc) For Lossless Hybrid Playback" flag in WinAmp's WavPack Player v2.3 (x86) configuration window.

*.wv files do not convert at all, not even to Mp3(Lame). As stated before, they cannot be opened.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Did you move the .wvc file and then try to convert only the .wv file?

Comment

• Lewis
          • May 2006

Sure. As I said, *.wv files cannot be opened (by dBpowerAMP Converter).

Comment

• Lewis
            • May 2006

I've updated dBpowerAMP Music Converter to the latest version (from version 10.1) and the problem appears to be resolved.

Sorry to have bothered you!

Comment

Working...

]]>