title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Help...Can't right click anything...Locks up

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cash
    • May 2006

Help...Can't right click anything...Locks up

First a little background...WINXP, 512 MB, had previous version of dbpowerAMP, I think 11.0. I wanted to upgrade to the newer 11.5 version. Saved it to my desktop. After downloading, clicked to install. got hour glass but no install window then nothing. tried it again...got hourglass, no window. Now I can't delete this off my desktop. When I right click any Icon on my desktop..I freeze up. I can't right click my start button to get to my folders. So I tried to go through My computer...I can get to my C: drive that way but I can't delete anything because of the right click problem and if I highlight the folder then just push delete, I lockup again. I ran my ad-aware and my AVG and found nothing...I'm over my head and could use a little assistance. Thank You.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Help...Can't right click anything...Locks up

I've had this problem before. It happens when something messes up in the Windows right-click menu. See here for how to fix it: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm

Comment

• Cash
      • May 2006

Re: Help...Can't right click anything...Locks up

Many other issues now...my outlook express locks up when trying to download my mail...can't add a webpage to my favorties...no program will install after downloading...this has all happened since last night...I have a gig with this thing this weekend....I am mooey frustrated....

I'm also on a pchelp forum trying to get help....

Comment

Working...

]]>