title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Trying to rip entire Audio CD to mp3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rhgindc
    • Jan 2006

Trying to rip entire Audio CD to mp3

I'm trying to rip an entire audio CD to mp3 without having to convert each individual audio file on the disc.

I followed the directions on the website how to do it:
    1) I put in the audio CD
    2) A window pops up and I selected "Copy Music from CD using dMC Audio Input"

But then it takes me to the "dBpowerAMP Music Converter-Audio CD Input" window. It asks me for such things as Artist and Album. However, when I try to rip the cd, the only thing it says is "Insert Audio CD". What am I doing wrong?

I'm not sure what version of dBpowerAMP I have. I wasn't positive how to figure out how to find the version...but perhaps version r8 rings a bell.

Thanks

Thanks
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Trying to rip entire Audio CD to mp3

Start --> Programs --> dBpowerAMP Music Converter --> Configuration --> dMC Configuration will show you your version numbers. dMC r11.5 is the latest version.

The Audio CD Input window should recognize that there is a CD in the drive and try to find its freeDB data. For general help, try the included dMC help files found at Start --> Programs --> dBpowerAMP Music Converter --> Help --> dMC Audio CD Input Help

Comment

• rhgindc
      • Jan 2006

Interestingly enough it worked fine when I put the audio CD into my DVD-RW drive, but it wasn't recognizing the CD in my CD-RW drive.

Even though I'm thrilled I'm able to rip the audio CD from one of my drives, is there any reason the CD-RW drive isn't working in this function. The CD-RW drive works fine with all other functions as far as I've tested.

I'd love to fix it so that the CD-RW drive works too with ripping if at all possible.

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

You need to navigate through the Options in dMC Audio CD Input and tell it which drive you have and a few other things, so it can access it.

Also keep in mind that ripping and conversion to mp3 requires a registered copy of dBpowerAMP Music Converter or an unexpired trial version.

Otherwise you can use it except not to rip or convert to mp3 - any other format would be OK, as long as you already have the encoding codec or get it from Codec Central.

Comment

Working...

]]>