title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Midi > wma

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JethroUK
    • Jun 2005

Midi > wma

i want to convert some midis to play in my car (wma)

any ideas of best convertion rate that are as small as poss but will still retain original quality
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Midi > wma

This can only be done through dMC Auxiliary Input where you record the audio as the midi file plays through the soundcard.

Record to full uncompressed wav first and then convert to whatever other format you need.

You have to experiment with the compression, it's whatever is acceptable for you. For me 64kbps is quite acceptable for wma. Others may be pickier.
    Last edited by ChristinaS; April 20, 2006, 07:00 PM.

Comment

• JethroUK
      • Jun 2005

I'm finding it a lot more difficult to capture a midi than i expected - i realise midis are often considered throw-away tunes, but someone has to like them & thats me - original tunes written by the likes of Olaf Gustavason compare favourably with any tune that's ever been written & a lot better than most - i am struggling to convert an 8K midi to something of comparable quality in wmp/mp3 - i am now upto 128K sampling x 44K x 2 channel - i'm listening on £10 pair speakers & end result being nearly 2 meg and still sounds very poor next to the original midi

i spose i'll just keep trying until it sounds something like

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Record it to uncompressed wav. After that you can convert it if you want.
        Check your settings and keep the volume slider to 1/2 or even less.

Comment

Working...

]]>