title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can I upgrade dMC and still write MP3s with old paid version of PowerPack?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ensign TOS
    • Apr 2006

Can I upgrade dMC and still write MP3s with old paid version of PowerPack?

I am a previous registered user of dB Power Amp Music Converter with a paid version of PowerPack. My old Windows 98 PC died and I built a new Windows XP PC, and re-installed my old dB Power Amp software on it. I also have had to obtain a new e-mail address.

Currently I am using dMC Release 7a with Registered PowerPack and MP3 codec LAME Version 3.89. I also have installed an old version of WMA V8 and OGG codecs.

I understand that the latest version of dMC is Release 11.5, but that without payment for PowerPack that you can not write MP3 files due to licensing.

Currently I can write MP3 files using my old version of dMC.

Can I just install dMC Release 11.5 over my installation of Release 7a and still retain my ability to write MP3 files, or would I be required to re-purchase Power Pack?

I don't want to lose my ability to write MP3 files of course. I have been using dMC because I prefer its superior audio quality!
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Can I upgrade dMC and still write MP3s with old paid version of PowerPack?

You should be able to install the latest version downloaded from Product on top of the one you are using currently (without uninstalling first) and it should retain the registered status.

That being said, it's possible you may run into problems.

I recommend you take a snapshot of the screen showing you have a registered version currently (run dMC Configuration and it should show it there) before attempting to install the new version.

Keep that screenshot image as proof of prior registration.

In case of problems, you can contact dB to reissue a new download link for you. You will need all the supporting evidence you can get if you no longer have the original email address or any other proof of purchase.

Comment

• Ensign TOS
      • Apr 2006

How do I contact dB so that I may request to have a new download link reissued for me? That is what e-mail address or web form or web mail page do I use for this?

I believe that I do remember the old e-mail address, so that I could submit that to dB. My old ISP went out of business, and I have tried 3 different ISPs since, and have had times when I was totally without Internet access.

What other proof of purchase for PowerPack would I need? Could you please specify for me? I have not yet re-examined all of my old backup cd discs, and perhaps I could find something else perhaps.

I did save my screen snapshot from dMC configuration as you have suggested.

Since I am now using Windows XP SP2, I want to update/modernize all of my applications too. I like using dB Power Amp. dB rocks and is the best!

Thanks much!

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

See here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/announce...nouncementid=8 - the email is given in the page at that last link at the bottom. Not a clickable email address, so you have to type it in yourself.

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

Also, since it looks like you purchased the PowerPack when it included Sveta, you are also entitled to a registered version of Sveta. Note that I am assuming that Sveta was bundled when you purchased the PowerPack way back when.

Comment

• Ensign TOS
            • Apr 2006

Thanks all for your kind assistance!

Spoon has forwarded the download link for the latest registered verson.

dBPowerAmp has the best audio quallity! Cheers!

Ensign TOS
            (TOS = The Original Series)

Comment

Working...

]]>