title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

It won't work!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ashnnat
    • Mar 2006

It won't work!

Hello:

I hope someone can help me. I just download dmc today but I haven't been able to convert anything for use on my mobile. I do every instruction but this still apparing: error whilst converting, and basicaly it says that the audio file I'm trying to convert is encrypted which dMC is not able to decode. Can someone point me in the rigth direcction? thank you.
  • Deano
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2006

Re: It won't work!

What file format are you attempting to convert from?

.wma (come from certain online stores for example) and .m4a (from the iTunes web store) can come "encrypted" with "DRM" (Digital Rights Management), which means they cannot be translated to a different form as this is not allowed by the encryption scheme used.

At a guess, this might be what is causing your problems. There are threads to help you deal with such things using DMC Auxilary Input for example (if this is indeed your problem).

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Re: It won't work!

If the file is encrypted you CANNOT convert protected WMA or M4P iTunes tracks. There are threads in the "DRM and Copy Protection" section of this forum regarding getting unencrypted versions of these tracks.

Comment

Working...

]]>