title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

New user

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheCreeper
    • Mar 2006

New user

Hello all,

I am new here and I'm looking forward to using this ware.

I have a question first. My 40gb 4thG was preivously formatted for MAC and I now own it, but use only PC. Can dB poweramp let me temporarily move my mp3 library to a separate place while I re-format my iPod to PC, then bring everything back.

I am a mobile DJ with my own company and have used CDs, a rack server in my rig, and most recently, external hard drives to play my music. I just got my iPod and it was preloaded with 2000+ songs and I'm afraid to lose them when I format.

Thanks in advance,
    TheCreeper
  • daniel
    • Mar 2006

Re: New user

is Your 40 gig is a ipod.. Answer i think your looking for is yes you can.. When you hook up ipod-mp3 player to your computer it acks like another hard drive..

Go to my computer.. Look at the diff. drives one should say ipod-..diff than regular drives.. right click on the drive.. Go to explore drive.. Once open look where your music files are located on it.. Once you found them.. Make sure to create a folder on your hard drive..Then high lite all the music files.. Right click and copy and then paste the files where you want on your computer..

That shoud be it.. When you want them back on just do the reverse to your ipod..

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

You have change some option in iTunes to allow the iPod to be visible as another HDD.

Comment

• neilthecellist
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2004

If all else fails, go crazy and use Knoppix Linux and FTP everything you need from iPod to HD. It'll work.

Comment

• TheCreeper
          • Mar 2006

Thanks for the replies.

The only problem is that, since the iPod was formatted for Mac, when I try to open it to explore, it won't open and asks me if I want to format it. I'll try the Knoppix idea.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

There is software called Macopener on the pc that can read Mac formatted drives.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• TheCreeper
              • Mar 2006

What do you guys know about XPlay? It looks promising.

Comment

Working...

]]>