title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Tag by file name??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eentheclean
    • Mar 2006

Tag by file name??

I feel like I just wasted $14 because the only tag function that works is delete all tags. I want to edit a large number of WMA files so their album and artist all match (artist\album\filename.ext) so that my PFS player will sort them all as one album avoiding the need to create playlists, but it fails to edit their info whatsoever. Is it possible to uninstall and receive a refund?
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: Tag by file name??

What version of dMC are you using? Can you also provide details of how you configured the Tag by file name codec?

When you say that it fails to edit their information does anything get updated?

I have used this function quite happily using MP3 and APE files.

Wayne

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Once you download the registered version, you cannot get a refund. There is a fully functional 30-day trial so that you can make sure the program does what you want it to.

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

There are no refunds, sorry. That's why you had the trial period, to check out all the features and figure out all system compatibility issues.

That being said, this is supposed to work if your installation is correct.

First off you must be signed in as administrator in order to install the programs. They must all be installed to the same location, preferably the one proposed by the installer: c\program files\illustrate.

You also have to run the programs with adminstrator priviledges, so that you are allowed to write to files and folders which may otherwse be protected for non admin users.

Run dMC Configuaration and check out all the settings. If you actually have the latest version of dMC (r 11.5) you can copy to the clipboard all settings and paste them here so we can take a look. If you don't have that version, that would be part of your problem.

In dMC Configuration you have options for Windows Shell integration - and all right click options are there.

If after enabling all (and a reboot) it still doesn't work, then you must have some other progam that is interfering.

Comment

• eentheclean
          • Mar 2006

After rebooting the feature works flawlessly. I have also discovered that it is easier to select the files and manually enter values since the tags are useless to me on my player and I only use them so it will organize my music in the most effective way for its interface.

Next, to decide the best way to get it to tag things so that I can maintain an Album X of 10 along with Track y of 10 within the same album---ie, listing the track numebrs as an absolute total, for instance if i had all of the nine inch nails albums, relabeled as artist Reznor, Aabum Halos, and tracks numbered in actual album order 1-100

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

There is a PowerPack option for a Track Offset number, I believe.

Comment

Working...

]]>