title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Auxiliary Input problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mister_Al
    • Mar 2006

Auxiliary Input problem

When I click the input source button in the Auxiliary Input to select my source nothing happens. I've tried to re-install the program with a different download, but I get the same results. Any help is welcomed.

Alan
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Auxiliary Input problem

Try going into the Control Panel, selecting "Sounds and Audio Device" and then clicking the "Audio" Tab. What do you have in the "Sound Recording" section and also in the "Sound Playback" section?

After we get the source problem, there are other general instructions for Aux Input linked to below in my signature.

Comment

• Mister_Al
      • Mar 2006

Both the Sound Playback and Sound Recording sections have Crystal WDM Audio listed.

Alan

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Right-click the volume control button in the task bar and then Open Volume Control.

Click Options > Recording > and select all available options from tehre so they will be on teh control panel. Next you will see that control panel and you can select the recording control you need. That should be maybe What U Hear or Wave Out or Stereo Mix, it depends on your sound card.

After you select the source that way, move the slider about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way up for that source.

This ought to be the same thing as what you were suppsoed to get from dMC Auxiliary Input.

Let's see if you can do these steps. If not come back and post here and we will have to investigate further.

Comment

• Mister_Al
          • Mar 2006

I followed your steps and when I got to the Recording Control Panel I selected the 'Line In' panel. I was then able to record a song from my cassette player and play it back on Windows Media Player. It sounded pretty good, but I'll have to tweak the Line In volume settings a little to get it right.

Thanks for the help.

Alan

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

Great. Glad it worked.

Now you may have some problems if your cassette player doesn't have a true line-out but rather just a headphone jack, as would be the case with a walkman-type of cassette player. There may be some loss of audio that way, as perhaps not enough amplification is available.

Comment

Working...

]]>