title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Cant convert .aa files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • need2know
    • Jun 2005

Cant convert .aa files

I can not convert .aa files at all. I have followed Joes way to a tee and no go. I get this message:

The CODEC required to decompress 'C:\Program Files\Audible\Programs\Downloads\OperativesSpiesan dSaboteursUnabridgedPart1_mp332_need2know.aa' could not be opened.

DirectShow filter for '.aa' not installed, or Audio File Corrupt.

The filter is installed and I redownloaded my .aa files from audible.

I also get this message when I install the WMP plugin:

This application has faild to start because MSVCI70.dll was not found.
    Re-insatlling the application may fix this problem.

I dont even know what program takes this dll.

I have done it before prior to re-instaling my OS.

Has audible changed anything and no one is aware of it yet?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Cant convert .aa files

>MSVCI70.dll

you need to find that file (from the internet), it is a standard microsoft development dll, put it in windows\system32
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• need2know
      • Jun 2005

Thanks Spoon that did it.

Comment

• BOMOON
        • Mar 2006

I tried installing the DLL file and rec'd a message saying that the DLL already existed in the system32 folder. I downloaded it anyway, since I couldn't convert .aa files with the existing one.

No go. I still can't convert .aa files to MP3. I've followed all the instructions and just can't make it work. The only possibility is the "WMP filter" mentioned by the other poster, but he/she didn't mention any information about what this is, where to find it, or how to install it.

I don't understand why this procedure should be so opaque. Why can't the folks at dBpoweramp post specific and helpful instructions on how to convert .aa files to MP3, rather than pass the buck to users who post incomplete info in various messages in the forum? Why not just spell it out in the help file and be done with it? This is very frustrating. I'm sure the complete procedure is very straightforward, but dBpoweramp support doesn't seem to be lifting a finger to support its users.

Sorry to vent, I know the other posters are working hard on this. It's just that all the info needed is not in one place.

Hope everyone else is having better luck than me. It's too bad that those of us who have the good sense to refuse to buy junk Audible hardware can't make MP3 copies for personal use. Give up, Audible - we're just not going to buy that HW crap.

Take care and good luck, folks, and thanks for all the help that's been posted thus far.

Big Al Mintaka

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

You still need the registered version of dMC or an unexpired trial version in order to convert anything whatsoever to mp3.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Audible instructions are all here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...7339#post37339

Comment

Working...

]]>