title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Tracks ripped with dMC Audio Cd input don't play on my mp3 player

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • farmerontour
    • Mar 2006

Tracks ripped with dMC Audio Cd input don't play on my mp3 player

Having trouble with my iRiver H10 not playing some albums [selecting first track either brought up the now playing screen but did not play or started playing a different album] I tried different encoding combinations from the usual 96 VBR 2-pass WMA.Also tried LAME.No difference.Tracks ripped with WMPlayer work,as do tracks converted with dB poweramp from WAV and mp3.Any ideas?
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Tracks ripped with dMC Audio Cd input don't play on my mp3 player

I'd say check the ID tags, maybe the mp3 player needs a certain format for that.

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Try doing CBR 96kbps 44.1KHz stereo WMA or LAME CBR 128kbps and see if that works. Also, make sure your mp3 tagging settings are ID3v2 & ID3v1. This is found in Start Menu --> Programs --> dBPowerAMP Music Converter --> Configuration --> dMC Configuration under the "ID Tag Options" tab.

Comment

• farmerontour
        • Mar 2006

Sorted it.Was nothing to do with VBR or ID Tags in the end.I started using the program with default settings but then changed the file creation settings to artist\album\track which made it like WMPlayer i.e. tracks put in album folder inside artist folder[neater for drag and drop].Found this was the problem.If tracks are saved individually then manually put in album folder it's O.K.It also works if file creation is set at artist\album\artist-track,which looks messy but saves the manual folder creation.Was i doing something wrong or is this the iRiver behaving strange?

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

I'm not sure why it did that, but my file creating settings is similar. Did you change anything else when you changed that settings?

Comment

• farmerontour
            • Mar 2006

No I did things a step at a time.Just put loads of music on and it's O.K.

Comment

Working...

]]>