title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

problems on XP pro 64 bit

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • insideout
    • Mar 2006

problems on XP pro 64 bit

Hi all,
    I seem to be having problems related to the OS I use, which is XP pro 64 bit. Does anyone else have any experience using dbpowerAMP Converter on this platform?

Specifically,
    1/ I cannot get the explorer integration working, despite going through the config tool and using the shell exview tool to disable all other context extensions.
    2/ when I use the file converter, it only shows and selects about 34 files, which is what appears when the screen opens. I can't scroll or select any more files than what appears when it first opens. :confused:

So when I want to convert bulk files, I'm stuck - can't select in windows explorer and right click, and can't use the dbpowerAMP File Converter either .

Apologies if I missed the answers elsewhere, I searched the forum and read the FAQ. Any pointers greatly appreciated.
    - Mike
  • TricMarcoon
    • Mar 2006

Re: problems on XP pro 64 bit

I am having similar problems with Windows x64. For one, Windows x64 doesn’t show any of my tag info in details view but the tag info is there when opened in a play (even WMP). DB Power Converter does appear in the right click option. I have found other advice on the forums such as this link,

after installing release 11 and wma codec, I found that I cannot see audio file tag information in my explorer. I mean, the "Album" and "Title" beneath Filename which is GRAY. Moreover, I cannot see these info in the yellow popup window and rightclick-porperty. But WMP can still show info when the files

but thier fix did not work for me either.

does anyone else have some suggestions?

Thanks

Comment

• insideout
      • Mar 2006

agreed, I don't get the popup with all the details either, though they are there in the file

Comment

• TricMarcoon
        • Mar 2006

Insideout, does windows display your tag info if the folder is set to "details" view? Mine does not display in windows or for dbp converter. yet they all display fine on my XP 32bit box.

Comment

• insideout
          • Mar 2006

no I don't get anything anywhere. Also the number of files I can select = 34 regardless of window size. :confused: very odd.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Please use the search function. There is a related thread here for most of your issues: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=8739
            Yes, I know the search requires more than 3 characters. But "64-bit" is more than 3 characters. Quotes simply mean to search for a phrase.

However, the 34 file issue is new and quite curious. Are you using dMC r11.5?

The most important thing to realize is that Explorer itself is now 64-bit and therefore requires 64-bit programs to show the extra columns or the popup data or the shell integration. When dMC r12 is further along in development, Spoon will begin testing 64-bit versions of those components.
            Last edited by LtData; March 11, 2006, 03:41 AM.

Comment

• insideout
              • Mar 2006

With all due respect, "64-bit" is not - to me - the most obvious way to search! The things I tried, e.g. "64 bit" , or "XP 64bit" and variations thereof, don't return any results. :headbang: That said, I appreciate your pointers and information :smile2:
              - Mike

Comment

• insideout
                • Mar 2006

oh, and yes I am using the latest release, I downloaded and registered it just a few days back. Please let me know if there are any diagnostics I could run that might be useful to the dev people.

Comment

• LtData
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • May 2004

OK, so "64-bit" is a little unusual. That's just the way I think. I guess I'm too much of a hardcore geek. That or my English teacher finally got something stuck in my head.

I don't know of any diagnostics you can run. If you have a folder that has over 34 files in it, can you select over 34 using MusicConverter itself and not FileSelector? Can you paste your dMC Configuration here? (there is a button to copy the configuration to the clipboard) dMC Configuration is in the Start Menu --> Programs --> dBpowerAMP Music Converter --> Configuration --> dMC Configuration.

Comment

• insideout
                    • Mar 2006

ok, am progressing now. As covered in another thread, if I use the 32 bit of IE to browse then I get the right click "convert to" :smile2:

I tried using the 32 bit version of explorer.exe from a 32 bit XP computer but that didn't result in successful right click options. I found that a little suprising, but there you go.

Now the odd 34 file thing - I discovered that was due to the folder having 34 m4a files, which dbpowerAMP recognised, and the rest were m4p, the copy protected iTunes format, obviously not recognised! So duh! on my part there. If I were to convert the m4p to m4a (obviously not condoned here) then my guess is it would work fine.

So with 32bit IE I have a usable tool until the 64 bit version arrives. I don't think the config would reveal anything interesting.
                    Thanks folks for your help
                    - Mike

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

64 Bit popup info for Wave and Mp3 is here and now with R12 Alpha 1 (beta section this forum), next release shortly is for right click >> convert to and a cli encoder.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>