title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Registration Initiation Link

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steadyflow
    • Mar 2006

Registration Initiation Link

The link on the registration page for registered customers is not working. I have registered, but I needed to perform a system restore and need to download the software again.
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Registration Initiation Link

Originally posted by steadyflow
    The link on the registration page for registered customers is not working. I have registered, but I needed to perform a system restore and need to download the software again.
    Oh, it works ok. Your own security and privacy settings must be blocking it.

Turn off your firewall, make sure you accept all cookies and your hosts file doesn't block access to the site.

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Overly aggressive firewalls or other software that blocks scripts on websites is most likely the culprit. Firewalls such as Kaspersky, Keiro, and the Outpost firewall block this page. To get the page to load, you need to totally exit the program. Just disabling it does NOT work normally.

Comment

• steadyflow
        • Mar 2006

I am not sure what you mean by hosts file; I have done the other items and still no luck.

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

What browser are you using to try to access the page? What, if any, firewall and antivirus are you running? Check your browswer's cookie settings to make sure you aren't blocking cookies from dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• steadyflow
            • Mar 2006

I am using internet explorer; firewall and antivirus is Norton.

Comment

• ChristinaS
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by steadyflow
              I am not sure what you mean by hosts file; I have done the other items and still no luck.
              There is a file on your computer called simply hosts (no extension). It may be located in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc for a WIndows XP system, or some other folder on other systems. It is used to block access to certain sites - usually sites deemed to be spyware infested or malicious in some way. Various programs that supposedly guard your system from such evils make entries in that file. Occasionally good sites end up there because they are wrongly flagged as malicious (maybe due to cookies or whatever other criteria are used).

Some programs like SPybot maintain similar files for similar purposes.

When you access a site that appaears in the hosts file your browser ends up getting diverted to either an error page or a blank page.

Some spyware that has succeeded in infesting one's pc may change the hosts file to divert perfectly good sites to unsavoury ones.

Turn off the firewall completely - exit from it. If it's Outpost or Norton Security Suite it really has a mind of its own.

Comment

• LtData
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

Unfortunately, I don't know of a way you can turn off the norton firewall other than uninstalling it. You CAN disable it for a set amount of time or until the next reboot.

Comment

• ChristinaS
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Apr 2004

Well, I'm sure all these firewalls can be configured and tweaked and tamed - but one must painstakingly go through them with a fine-tooth comb to figure out how. I know Norton Suite and Outpost are among the worst (toughest?) since they also modify the information displayed/captured in form data fields (like a login for instance) - without the user even knowing it - all for your own good, of course. The result is you can't sign into places or stay signed in or download stuff and you don't know why.

I have a firewall provided by a Linux box we run as router for the home network plus Sygate personal firewall on my own pc. It's impenetrable from the outside (by all tests attempted, touch wood), yet at no time have either prevented me from accessing what I need to access. I may have to OK it manually, but I will be aware that it's trying to block something and can decide what I want to do about it.

Comment

• steadyflow
                    • Mar 2006

I have tried all of the above and no luck. Is there some other way I can reinstall this software, which I have paid for. This has taken way more of my time than I would like at this point. I enjoy your products; however, this is becoming a bit frustrating.

Comment

• ChristinaS
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Apr 2004

Did you turn off both Norton and Xp firewalls? Go through IE security and privacy settings and lower them, they may be too high.

Comment

• LtData
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • May 2004

If you cannot get the automated retrieval working, see the bottom half of this post: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/announce...nouncementid=8

Comment

Working...

]]>