title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

enitire directory conversion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • why not20
    • Mar 2006

enitire directory conversion

does dMC allow you to convert an entire directory? what i am hoping to achieve is to copy my entires iTunes music collection (all m4a's, don't fret) into wma (or mp3). However, i would like the itunes collection to remain. is it possible to convert entire directories, or better yet, all file types? thanks in advance, and sorry if there is a thread like this already.
    Last edited by why not20; March 01, 2006, 10:58 PM.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: enitire directory conversion

Use the included dMC File Selector. Its in Start --> Programs --> dBpowerAMP Music Converter. You select what file types you want to convert and the desired output file type.

Comment

• why not20
      • Mar 2006

Re: enitire directory conversion

Originally posted by LtData
      Use the included dMC File Selector. Its in Start --> Programs --> dBpowerAMP Music Converter. You select what file types you want to convert and the desired output file type.
      Thanks... also, before I download this, can you set it to keep all of the existing files, too?

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Re: entire directory conversion

Originally posted by why not20
        does dMC allow you to convert an entire directory? what i am hoping to achieve is to copy my entires iTunes music collection (all m4a's, don't fret) into wmv (or mp3). However, i would like the itunes collection to remain. is it possible to convert entire directories, or better yet, all file types? thanks in advance, and sorry if there is a thread like this already.
        I'm afraid that wmv won't happen as thats' video, wma is much more likely

If your m4a's are not encrypted you can certainly convert them to whatever other format you like as long as you have the codec for it, and you can take an entire folder and do it in one go. I'd still break it up into smaller chunks though. I'd first test to see how it goes with a small sample, testing the quality to make sure the specs were picked ok - bitrate, cbr vs vbr, etc. Then go for a bigger sample.

Just make sure you do not delete source files after conversion in any automatic manner, in case you want to redo it for whatever reason (believe me, there are always such reasons ).

Do set the priority of conversion to below normal - this will speed it up actually and still allow you to use the pc for other tasks, within reason.

Also make sure you remember the destination folder for your converted files. Best to send the converted files to a new folder, just to keep things tidy. You can always move them later.

Conversion to mp3 requires the registered version of dMC - or an unexpired trial version.

Often problems occur due to DSP effects being applied as well during the conversion, this is more CPU intensive. Unless you think you really need that don't use it and make sure any DSP effects are in fact off.

Comment

• why not20
          • Mar 2006

Re: entire directory conversion

Originally posted by ChristinaS
          I'm afraid that wmv won't happen as thats' video, wma is much more likely
          lol yea, edited my post... i meant wma.

Comment

Working...

]]>