title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How to encode MP3 with Lame settings -V 5 --vbr-new?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powerlamer
    • Feb 2006

How to encode MP3 with Lame settings -V 5 --vbr-new?

I want to use Lame settings -V 5 --vbr-new because I read it is good for portable players, but I don't see any options for that in DBpowerAMP Music Converter. Furthermore, the Quality Bar doesn't show any values when I move the slider between Low and High. I think I don't have enough control over the Lame settings. What to do? :(
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: How to encode MP3 with Lame settings -V 5 --vbr-new?

You need to install the Lame.exe CLI codec.

This is a command line version of Lame that allows the compression command line to be sent to lame, options that are not available using the supplied mp3 (Lame) encoder with dMC.

Wayne

Comment

• powerlamer
      • Feb 2006

Thanks, but that's not Lame 3.97b2, is it? I remember I had to replace dMC 11.5's Lame codec, because by default it uses the heavily outdated version 3.96.1.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

dMC r12 is coming with LAME 3.97 I believe. But the LAME.exe codec allows you to put whatever LAME version you want in there and feed it your desired command line parameters.

Comment

• gameplaya15143
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by powerlamer
          Thanks, but that's not Lame 3.97b2, is it? I remember I had to replace dMC 11.5's Lame codec, because by default it uses the heavily outdated version 3.96.1.
          so replace the provided lame.exe with v3.97 www.rarewares.org/mp3.html

Comment

Working...

]]>