title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Changing file name

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danm dare
    • Feb 2006

Changing file name

When I try to use the Rename facility, the program appears to go through the conversion process but the converted file disappears to God knows where, and I am unable to locate it anywhere. If I don't change the file name all is ok.

Help please. What am I doing wrong.
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Changing file name

Can you explain a bit more thoroughly how you are using the Rename feature?

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• danm dare
      • Feb 2006

Thanks for the reply Bill. This is what I have been doing.

After right clicking on a wav file for instance and then "convert to", click on "rename file" in the top right corner of the Music Converter window, and in the window that opens Press F2 and type in the new file name and click ok. On the Music Converter window click "convert". It goes through the motions and shows the new file name, but at the end, the converted file does not appear anywhere, but the original is unchanged.
      Last edited by danm dare; February 27, 2006, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It does not rename the original, rather sets the name of the new filename.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• xoas
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2002

Further, it looks like if you keep the option checked to preserve ID tags, then the Renaming will not occur. Try turning off that option and then using the Rename feature.

Best wishes,
          Bill

Comment

• danm dare
            • Feb 2006

I have tried your suggestion of unclicking "preserve ID tags", but still no luck. It does not work and the hopefully amended file disappears in to the ether as before. I have also tried uninstalling/reinstalling just in case the program was corrupted but that was not the problem.

Any other suggestions appreciated. Thanks.
            Last edited by danm dare; February 28, 2006, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• Wayne
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Aug 2002

This is the Rename extension codec you are refering to? Can you post some example file names?

Wayne

Comment

• xoas
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Apr 2002

As Wayne suggests, some examples might be helpful. Both in terms of the original and changed file names and also in terms of format, bitrate, frequency and channels of your source file(s) and your output file(s).

Also, have you tried using the Rename Files option with the Preserve ID Tags off and with the option enabled to save output to the original folder?

Have you checked to make sure that your folder location for your output file is the same in the dMC window as it is in the Rename File(s) window?

Best wishes,
                Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>