title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CODEC decompression error for...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdlabrum
    • Feb 2006

CODEC decompression error for...

I am getting this message when I attempt to convert two files that I have recorded to my pc from a cassette. The file type indicates that they are already WAV files. Yet when I try to convert them to mp3 I get the message: CODEC decompression error for [file name].

I was successful in doing this conversion with two other files two days ago but now I am having this problem. I believe I went through the exact same process.

Also, my virus software says that there is a virus in the file that I downloaded from your email confirmation. This may likely have something to do with the error I am having and I have completed a virus scan to remove it. How do I download the program virus free from your web site?

RDL
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: CODEC decompression error for...

Not supposed to be any virus. Either you picked a virus up elsewhere, or your antivirus is giving false positives.

Possible your download got corrupted by interference from your firewall.

Has your trial version of dMC expired? This will not allow you to convert anything to mp3 any more.

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

See here for getting a new registered install: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/announce...nouncementid=8

Comment

• rdlabrum
        • Feb 2006

This the specific response I get when trying to convert the files to either WAV or MP3 format;

CODEC decompression error for 'C:Converted MusicConv - Testing 2-28.wav'

I am converting some cassette tapes to CD. The first one I did seemed to work. The files were in a wav format, I double clicked on them and Itunes opened the files, I converted them to AAC format and then burned them to a CD. Now I can not get passed the above error.

I haven't had the registration for long enough to download the program again. I did do it through the link in the email address. The file downloaded but the virus scanner again paused the intstall process and warned me that INS309.tmp.exe plus three other files had viruses in them.

Assuming that there is no virus, can you tell me how to fix the problem described at top? In the mean time I will try that fix while I wait for a week or two to pass so I can try the registered users download address.

Thanks -

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

Or follow the instructions at the bottom of my link regarding a manual registration link. Also, you might want to try a total uninstall mentioned here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6828

As for the virus, what anti-virus program are you using? There should not be a virus in the registered install file, unless something happened to the copy on the servers of the third-party that handle the purchasing.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

There is no virus assuming the download is from dbpoweramp.com or swreg.org
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>