title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

The CODEC required to compress

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jaggernut
    • Feb 2006

The CODEC required to compress

get this message when I try to convert ogg files to mp3 -

The CODEC required to compress 'E:\Music\xxxxxxx.mp3' could not be opened.

I have used dbpoweramp earlier to convert successfully; all of a sudden this message has started appearing.

How do I get over it? Grateful for your suggestion...

Thanks in advance

Jaggernut
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: The CODEC required to compress

You have to have an unexpired trial or registered version of the PowerPack to convert to mp3. Check your trial status via dMC Configuration: Start Menu --> Programs --> dBpowerAMP Music Converter --> Configuration --> dMC Configuration

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

Re: The CODEC required to compress

If you have an unexpired trial version or a registered version of the Power Pack already installed, your problem may have to do with either your ogg file or with your mp3 setting.

After confirming your registration status, start by trying a test conversion of your source ogg vorbis file. This is the same as a regular conversion except that where you set your output format (such as .mp3) select "Test Conversion (No Write)". This will not create an output file but will very quickly confirm whether dBpowerAMP Music Converter is able to recognize your ogg vorbis file(s) or not.

Assuming it does, try converting the Ogg vorbis file(s) to standard wave and from wave to mp3.

If your source file and output file are of different frequency, you might want to try enabling Professional Frequency Conversion. This is set in dMC Configuration (in dMC 11.5 this is in the Options tab). If your ogg vorbis and mp3 frequencies are the same, or if turning on Professional Frequency Conversion does not help, please post your bitrate, frequency and channel settings for both your ogg vorbis and mp3 files. It may be that there is some other incompatibility between these settings.

Best wishes,
      Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>