title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ABSURDLY SLOW after registration

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pzbrawl
    • Feb 2006

ABSURDLY SLOW after registration

I have been a happy user of dbPowerAMP for a long time.

Till this evening, when dbPowerAMP informed me that I had to register for $14.

After registering and paying the $14, downloading the registered version of the program, and installing it, dbPowerAMP is approximately ten times slower than it used to be!

What the !@#$%^& is going on!? Count me a most unhappy user.
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: ABSURDLY SLOW after registration

Slow in doing what? Conversions or ripping ?

Did you remember to set priority of conversion to below normal? That will actually make it work faster.

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

You might try uninstalling dMC, clearing the dMC registry, rebooting and then re-installing dMC 11.5 as described here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6828

This is reported to have solved the issue for another user who had the same symptom after upgrading/registering.

Best wishes,
      Bill

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If the registration trial expires dBpowerAMP will default to non-power pack mode, many of the fast options such as 'Rip to Ram' and 'rip and encode at same time' will be switched off, go into CD Input and switch back on (power pack button).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>