title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

.FLA and flac codec problems

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Azonic
    • Feb 2006

.FLA and flac codec problems

I am trying to convert some files with .fla extentions. The flac audio codec download for DBPowerAmp Converter said it supports ".fla (option to enable this type) .flac" I cannot find the option to enable this .fla extention. I looked closely during the codec install for options to enable, there were none. I can't seem to find any options in the converter program either. This is a problem because DBPoweramp will not recognize these .fla files and I just want to decode these .fla files to .wav or even .mp3 so they can be burned onto a CD and played in a stereo CD player. PS - Is the .fla file a early flac codec type or just another flac codec. it seems that all the flac codec posts were dealing with .flac files. Thanks for all the help!
  • Azonic
    • Feb 2006

Re: .FLA and flac codec problems

Well, only minutes after posting my cry for help, I dug up the answer to my quetion on this forum. I must have looked for an hour before posting. But thats just my luck. It works awesome and sound quality is outstanding, especially since it was taken from 40 year old vinyl originally. Sorry about the unnecessary post and thanks for the helpful forum!

Comment

• careraja
      • Jan 2007

I am trying to convert some files with .fla extentions. The flac audio codec download for DBPowerAmp Converter will not work. I cannot find the option to enable this .fla extention. How can I decode these FLA extension files to MP3. I’d appreciate some help badly. Thanks a lot.

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

.fla is also used as a file extension by MacroMedia Flash Player files, but it can be a legitimate FLAC extension as well.
        If they are FLAC files, go to dMC Configuration (Start> All Programs> dBpowerAMP Music Converter> Configuration> dBpowerAMP Music Converter Configuration (or this last step might be dMC Configuration).
        Click on the Options tab. Make sure that the box to associate .fla files with FLAC is selected (click on the line to call up the menu for changing this setting, if necessary).
        Click OK.
        This should do it if these are FLAC files.

Best wishes,
        Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>