title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Win Xp Sp1

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kjam
    • Sep 2002

Win Xp Sp1

after checking out the new service pack for XP, i download and installed the newest version of poweramp and purchased the powerpack. since the new installation, i get the blue screen of death usually 1/3 to half way through encoding a file.

this was not a problem with the previous version of poweramp, even under SP1. I've since restored my computer to an earlier time (when the older version was installed, and I didn't have the registered powerpack). Now, it works fine.

Are there any suggestions on how to fix this? or...is the newest version not compatible with SP1?

K j A M:(
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

A blue screen does not indicate a problem with a program, rather a hardware problem, or a driver problem.

What are you converting from and to?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• kjam
      • Sep 2002

I'm converting from a wave file to MP3 using the Lame encoder at 256 bitrate. Been doing this for a long time and have never had problems.

Never had problems after the installation of SP1. It wasn't until I finally got around to installing the latest release from July and registering the powerpack that I had the problem.

I've already tried uninstalling and removing all instances (cleaning out the registry etc.) of DMC products and reinstalling...but that didn't work either.

Now, I restored my computer back to the prior upgrade of poweramp and the old version works fine.

K j A M

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Ripping from a CD?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• kjam
          • Sep 2002

No No No...

at this point I've reinsatlled my OS, SP1 and DBPA with the reg. powerpack. I should be working on some music this weekend. If I encounter any more problems...I'll post another response.

Thanx,

K j A M
          Last edited by kjam; September 26, 2002, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>