title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

m4b => mp3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • morel
    • Feb 2006

m4b => mp3

I downloaded a audio book from ITunes (format m4b). Using your converter, no way to get this file converted to mp3. I just get a new mp3 file of 1-2 kb => file is opened, but no conversion happens. Does someone know what to do?
    Txs for your advise!
    charles
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: m4b => mp3

Try changing the extension of your file to m4a and see if it works then. See here for showing extensions: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5361

Comment

• morel
      • Feb 2006

Hallo!
      Did what you said (renaming m4b => m4a). doesn't work... :vmad:

I still have a trial version of the lame mp3 encoder. Does this have an impact? But trying to convert m4a > wma doesn't work either...

My audio book was purchased from iTunes. Does it have an impact?

(At the end of the day, what I would like is to listen my eBook with extension .m4b on my PDA using windows media player) => as I understand, this needs conversion?

Appreciate your help.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Yes, your audiobook is probably protected. What version of iTunes did you purchase it with?
        Also, you should probably change the extension back to .m4b just to avoid confusion.

Comment

• morel
          • Feb 2006

the newest verstion: 6.02. Definitely, my files probably are protected. But there is for sure a way around it, isn't it?

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Well, unfortunately the normal way of unprotecting files, JHymn, doesn't with with iTunes 6.x. Also, purchasing files with iTunes 6.x means that ALL future purchases must be made with iTunes 6.x.

What is left is Auxiliary Input that will record the song as your computer plays it. See below for instructions.

Comment

Working...

]]>