title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

convert multiple subdirectories

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TonyVR4
    • Feb 2006

convert multiple subdirectories

I have a bunch of aac files that I want to convert to mp3, where each album is in a seperate sub-folder of my main mp3 folder.

Main-MP3-Folder
    Album1
    Album2

Is there any way to have dbpoweramp to convert all my albums at one time instead of going one folder at a time ?

Thanks
    Tony
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: convert multiple subdirectories

You can use the File Selector feature to convert multiple directories at once.
    This can be accessed Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>File Selector.

Please be sure to read up on how to use this feature on your Help files (Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>Help>dMC File Selector Help).

Start out slow with this feature and work your way up. DO NOT select the option to delete source files after converting. Please be aware that if sometimes dMC will create a shell file that looks like a real file but is way too small (0 to 4 kb). Such a file file will not play.

If dMC cannot convert a particular file in a directory it may pass over it and go onto another one. If it runs into enough files it cannot convert Windows may cause dMC Music Converter to shut down. dMC does not keep a log of which files it converts or which it cannot. So you will want to be sure to check that all files in a folder or sub-directory in a batch conversion did convert.

We have also had users experience situations where they convert a batch of files and they all seem to convert ok but they discover (only AFTER they have deleted their source files, naturally) that there are problems with the converted files.

So the best advice is to start out with small batches, be on guard for problems, and work your way up to larger batches but I would not recommend trying to batch convert say a few hundred tracks at a time. It can be probably be done and my view is biased because here wwe hear about the problems and failures more so than the successes.

But File Selector is definitely the tool for what you want to do.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>