title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converting .ram files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru

• May 2004

Re: Converting .ram files

See below for tips on Aux Input

Comment

• audiophile

• Jan 2006

Eureka! It works!

It's not perfect but I've finally got sound. I took a communications headset ($29.99) and connected it to the microphone jack on my sound card. I then wrapped the headset around the speakers ($19.99) and presto! A recording was made in .wav and then converted to .mp3. The select button, DirectShow Codec and Real Alternative options didn't work! I tried unintstalling all the software and even reinstalled the audio drivers on my computer. I know this isn't the right way to use dMC Auxilliary, but it works. Thanks for your help ChristinaS and LtData.

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

Glad it worked ... sort of.

What kind of soundcard do you have?

Did you ever manage to see the Volume Controls? Select recording and then the sources? It seems you picked microphone as input source, which may well have been the default setting. You'd want to pick WAV or What U Hear or Stereo Mix or wahtever it's called in your system. But you have to make your way over to the recording volume controls, not the playback ones.
        Last edited by ChristinaS; February 16, 2006, 12:21 AM.

Comment

• audiophile

• Jan 2006

Hi ChristinaS,

I've got a cheap Creative Sound Blaster PCI 128. It came with software which I've installed and I did a recording using its auxilliary sound input. I get the same results; a .wav file recording without sound. I looked in Control Panel under Sound and Audio Devices and yes, there is a problem with my system. I get a Windows Error message whenever I attempt to set the volume controls; saying I need to install SndVol32.exe. So I've ventured into the system32 and had a look at this (a sound volume mixer). It appears my volume setting for Aux was down, so I moved it up. No change in results. Something is definitely amiss but I can't figure it out. :vmad:

PS I haven't been able to use the select button on options therefore I can't see if the system is defaulted to microphone settings.
          Last edited by audiophile; February 16, 2006, 03:52 AM.

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

Aha!

Try the tip on page 6 of this thread: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...8797#post48797 or http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...t=SndVol32.exe

You may be able to get that program.

Comment

• audiophile

• Jan 2006

Hi ChristinaS,

Well, I finally got everything to work :D Thank you.

Comment

• ChristinaS
                dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

Yay! :D

Comment

Working...

]]>