title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

can't rip/encode/access freedb data, but other than that everything's fine...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xsivyolinz
    • Sep 2002

can't rip/encode/access freedb data, but other than that everything's fine...

:headbang:
    OK, I think I've exhausted what I can do to fix this, so I now turn to you, Spoon. I am running W2K Svc. Pk. 2 and have the most recent ASPI library installed. My problems are (to reiterate the subject heading):
    1.) I insert a CD in to dmc Audio input and it spins up and recognizes the # of tracks (and their lengths) on any CD. I cannot, however access data from any freedb server.
    2.) Nor can I rip the CD. When I hit the Rip button, nothing happens. No changes have been made since I was last successfully able to Rip a CD.
    3.) I am unable to convert any file to any other format. I can select to convert through right clicking on a file and using the "convert to" shell extension, but when I set all my settings and hit "convert", the conversion window comes up, but again, nothing happens. It just sits there at 0%. I've tried all priority settings; it's not on pause, either.
    4.) IDtag info. doesn't pop-up for me in explorer consistently. Some times it does, though usually it doesn't, until I right-click on the file. I don't think this is related to the previous 3 problems, though.

-now, the good news, is that everything else seems to be in working order. I have uninstalled the app. & all related apps and rebooted & re-installed, but no dice.

Any insight will be most appreciated!

Thanks, Spoon!

btw, dBpowerAMP is the absolute best out there!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

For 1, look at options, you might have to set a proxy server, or you might have a firewall such as Zonealarm blocking dMC.

For 2, click the menu next to rip, select a format, and try also clicking Compression Settings, does that work?

3, what are you converting from and to?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• xsivyolinz
      • Sep 2002

answers to your questions...

1.) Well, I've never needed to use a proxy server before
      and I'd been using dBpowerAMP with ZoneAlarm without any problems for some time.
      Just for good measure, this is what I have for the CGI script: /~cddb/cddb.cgi (I'm not sure what it is for, and I'm putting it here just to make sure it hadn't been accidentally changed).
      2.) I can select all formats and alter the compression settings just fine.
      3.) I normally rip & convert to .mp3, but I am not only unable to do that now, but to any format at all.

- one thing I didn't mention in my first posting was that on the main window for Audio CD Input, when I click on the Power Pack options 'rocket' button I don't get anything, although when I click on the Power Pack options via right-click "convert to" shell extension I am able to access *those* options no problem. I checked and my dMc configuration says my Power Pack is registered (which it is, of course).

So, whaddya think?

tAnx....

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Something does sound very off, I would uninstall dMC + PowerPack, delete the folder C:\Program Files\Illustrate (if you have my Music Player save your music collection to another location), then run a scan disk. Then Start >> Run:

regedit.exe

browse to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate

and delete the key (folder) dBpowerAMP

reboot, reinstall.

If freedb still does not work, try CD Input >> Options >> 'Select' next to freedb
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>