title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

iTunNORM tag option

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hotdog
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Nov 2015

iTunNORM tag option

The setup guide says "EBU R128 is a new form of Replaygain calculation, if ripping to an Apple format enable the iTunNORM tag option to write in a format iTunes can use." See

But I can't see any option to enable the iTunNORM tag.

I think the way to do this, which the setup guide doesn't make clear, is to open the drop-down menu where it says 'Write', and then select 'iTunes Track Normalisation', and press 'OK'. I assume this is correct?
    Last edited by Hotdog; August 02, 2023, 10:24 PM.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: iTunNORM tag option

yes, in the ReplayGain DSP settings, click on advanced, then one of the dropdown adds both album, track RG tags *and* the itunNorm (i.e., soundcheck) value. One option uses Album RG for soundcheck and one option uses TRACK RG for soundcheck.

Comment

• Hotdog
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Nov 2015

Thanks, I did a search on the forums and I think the correct option from the drop-down Write menu is "Track, Album Gain and iTunes Track Normalization"?

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Hotdog
        Thanks, I did a search on the forums and I think the correct option from the drop-down Write menu is "Track, Album Gain and iTunes Track Normalization"?
        that works well if you play a lot of playlists with tracks from different albums. If you play mostly entire albums, like I do, then "Track, Album Gain and iTunes *Album* Normalization" works better. Not correct or incorrect, just personal preference.

Comment

Working...

]]>