title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

New CD Ripper user, setup questions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bettersound99
    • Jan 2023

Re: New CD Ripper user, setup questions

Originally posted by vilsen
    Your 851N does not support Replay Gain, so that couldn't have helped fixing the "glare". It seems to be subjective listening like you pointed out yourself.

Replay Gain is nice to have though. You could make a feature request to Cambridge. They (more or less) frequently update the firmware for their models using the StreamMagic platform.

As an alternative, Asset UPnP supports Replay Gain and can transcode your files on the fly whilst streaming to 851N. But there is no automatic selection of gain type (like garym mentioned above for his server/player combo). So if you go this route I'd suggest creating separate instances in Asset - one for Album Gain and another for Track Gain. That way you wouldn't need to change the setting in Asset itself when switching between gain types, instead you would merely select the proper instance in your CP.

Also, IIRC there is a setting in BubbleUPnP for Replay Gain. Not sure of that or how it would work though.

Hmmm, thought about researching 851N support of Replay Gain but forgot to follow thru, thanks for the data point. I'll probably leave it as I described, sounds like it will neither help nor hurt.

I have not delved into how Asset works, when you say creating separate instances in Asset, what does that mean? Are there options for how Asset performs for a single listening session based upon inputs entered on the CP (i.e., tablet) for that session? Or, does an instance allow the user to setup various configurations of how to apply FLAC file tags?

Comment

• vilsen
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jul 2018

Re: New CD Ripper user, setup questions

Originally posted by bettersound99
      when you say creating separate instances in Asset, what does that mean?
      Are there options for how Asset performs for a single listening session based upon inputs entered on the CP (i.e., tablet) for that session?
      In the CP you can see the servers on your network. For example, you could have Asset and Minimserver active on the network at the same time, and you would then pick one of them to browse & play your music.

If you setup additional instances of Asset, they would show up as additional servers in the CP and you could label them as "Asset Rock", "Asset Christmas", "Asset Linda" or whatever.

Each instance has its own settings page in Asset, so you can configure instances separately for various purposes. So you can setup different libraries, browse trees, streaming settings etc. See here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/Help/AssetUPnP/advanced.html

Originally posted by bettersound99
      does an instance allow the user to setup various configurations of how to apply FLAC file tags?
      Tags can be seen as "standard" or "custom". What's included in "standard" differs somewhat between servers/players, but Asset supports most common tags out of the box. Custom tags have to be configured by the user. And yes, you can/must set this up for each instance separately.

Comment

Working...

]]>